Monday 27 June 2011

Stoner confess bad start at Assen

Casey Stoner start from third position at the Dutch MotoGP, but was thrown back several positions after the start. He admitted that he got a bad start.


Stoner had to settle for finishing in second in the Dutch MotoGP race. Still, Stoner was reached it after a bad start that cost him his position. Repsol Honda rider was immediately dropped into seventh position right after the start.
"I lost a position and my clutch slipping pretty bad, so I really messed at the start. Entering Turn 1 i really worried about falling," said Stoner in Autosport. Fortunately, not long after an incident involving Jorge Lorenzo and Marco Simoncelli. Stoner takes advantage from it that make both drivers were dropped, and in the end successfully finished in second position. "I tried to go as quickly as possible, and when I reached the first corner, I saw Jorge and Marco fall, and from the minute I knew I had to finish the race."
"We did not spend the effort in the last three weeks only to lose points again today," said Stoner. Finished in second place behind Spies makes him will continue to lead the MotoGP World Championship standings with 136 points, 28 points from defending champion Lorenzo.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites